[ Rules / FAQ ] [ meta / b / media / img / feels / hb / x ]

/b/ - Random

Name
Email
Message

*Text* => Text

**Text** => Text

***Text*** => Text

[spoiler]Text[/spoiler] => Text

Verification
Image
Direct Link
Options NSFW image
Sage (thread won't be bumped)

Use REPORTS. Posting 'Mods pls' achieves nothing.
Check the Catalog before making a new thread.
Do not respond to maleposters. See Rule 8.
Please read the rules! Last update: 04/23/2020 - No new rules, only clarification added.

1585328814675.png

enby trannies? Anonymous 56235

There's an entire thread about trans women but I'm curious about nonbinary people

1. do you personally know any nonbinaries?
2. do you see them as different from men/women or just larpers?
3. do you have different experiences with male and female ones?
4. do you see them as different from regular trannies?

Anonymous 56242

>>56235
It strikes me as a fad that people will drop as quickly as they drop vegan diets after a few years. They’re just the next step after trannies in the cultural rat race to become “even more specialer than everyone else”. I am however thankful that it seems like a cultural stopping point; I have a hard time believing that the mass media and normies will care about people’s super unique gender and sexual identities anymore after trans. No one outside tumblr / twitter seems to give a shit about demisexual amorantic sapiosexual biromantic bullshit, so I think nonbinaries will be lumped into that pile should their terminology ever escape the internet cesspool.

Anonymous 56253

I mostly agree with >>56242. Maybe it’s just my old age getting to me but I’m skeptical that most of these nb special genders/sexualities will stick.
I have talked to a few (under 18) non-binary people in real life as part of my job/circle pre-corona and they’re all 1. Afab (translation: born female) with traditionally non-feminine personalities and 2. Something else “wrong with them” (such as mental illness, past eating disorders or unstable home lives). A few of them did eventually became girls again within the time I knew them and I suspect many of the others will turn out the same way.
From a professional and personal perspective, I see nothing wrong with people feeling free to explore gender. It’s better than forcing every girl who feels uncomfortable with her body during puberty and every boy who wants to wear a princess dress for Halloween to go through HRT anyway. I even used singular “they” to describe person without a stated gender before LGBT+ was mainstream (got shit for it by a few supervisors even). However, I think the concept of someone actually being non-binary is even less likely than some actually being binary trans. Most of these people are just non-gender-conforming [insert sex here], not a whole spectrum of third gender, and most will eventually realize that once they grow up a bit.

Anonymous 56254

>>56253
What about non-binaries on hrt?

Anonymous 56255

>>56254
I’m against putting children on hormones in general. Non-binary, transmasc, genderflux, whatever. I don’t care if that’s transphobic of me to say, they can wait until they’re 18. Hormone blockers are fine, but they’re on thin ice as we don’t really know much about them.
I don’t have any experience with non-binary adults on hormones, but if a psychiatrist prescribed them it, they can go ahead within the professional recommendation. Malpractice and misdiagnosises (spelling?) happens, but this stuff is not as flippantly given out as most people think because they don’t want to lose their license. Black market hormones are different so I can’t comment.

Anonymous 56259

>>56235
I think non-binaries but the ones that don't put on the label are just pleasant normal people. I don't understand people who choose to be only feminine or masculine, they're often very limited in their thinking as well.

Anonymous 56263

i was "non-binary" during my teen years, and i eventually reverted back to being a woman as i realized i felt out of place in my body because of internalized misogyny. i feel like a lot of "afab" non binary kids dont feel they align with the idea of womanhood that gets advertised everywhere that they dont think they are a woman.

Anonymous 56268

>>56235
“Nonbinaries” are just trannies who didn’t feel special enough. Even bigger attention whores than the men who wear dresses.

Anonymous 56269

>>56268
Majority of non-binaries are a threat to trannies because they tear down retarded gender stereotypes. Sexual tranny degenerates will seethe.

Anonymous 56271

>>56269
>I don't feel like I am X gender so I will create a new gender instead.
In what way does this fight gender?

Anonymous 56274

>>56271
>>56272
You should learn first what non-binary means before spouting bullshit.

Anonymous 56276

>>56275
You're wrong again. It's people that are not exclusively masculine or feminine.

Anonymous 56278

>>56276
That’s fucking stupid. You know what makes someone feminine? Having a vagina. Shoo.

Anonymous 56279

>>56277
No, most people tryhard at conforming to gender binary stereotypes. Trannies as well.

Anonymous 56280

>>56278
So you don't consider people feminine or masculine unless you saw them naked? That's pretty degenerate.

Anonymous 56282

>>56281
You are exclusviely feminine if you present it both in behavior and appearance.

>> they literally think they're something else than men or women

No, most of them are fine with their assigned at birth sex. They just don't overly identify with it.

Anonymous 56283

>>56280
>degenerate
Is that supposed to be offensive?

Please read the sticky.

Anonymous 56284

>>56282
>overly identify

Purge the I-word from your vocabulary. It's a brainworm. Women are women regardless of what surgeries they have done or what costumes they like to wear.

Anonymous 56285

>>56284
Yes, they are. I haven't said anything that contradicts it.

Anonymous 56286

>>56282
So every female powerlifter or thrower is now nonbinary? And every male dancer, runner, or figure skater is nonbinary? What is the point of gender when people can behave however they want, and still consider themselves whichever gender they want?

Anonymous 56287

>>56286
>So every female powerlifter or thrower is now nonbinary? And every male dancer, runner, or figure skater is nonbinary?
Your logic here doesn't really make sense.

Conditioning your body for a sport is not closely related to gender identity. There are probably non-binary female powerlifters but I see most of them present a feminine identity.

>What is the point of gender

It's something that was always there. We just gave it a name.

Anonymous 56289

>>56288
Are you saying powerlifitng is something that fully defines an individual that's into it? There are more factors to people. Try thinking less shallow.

Anonymous 56290

>>56289
You're the one who said
>You are exclusviely feminine if you present it both in behavior and appearance.
Powerlifters obviously do not present as stereotypical females in appearance. Neither do any of the other athletes listed. Hence they don't present in both behavior and appearance. At most, they present female in only behavior. Unless you have a completely warped view of what gender norms are.

Anonymous 56291

>>56290
That's because you're lacking flexibility in thinking. You're understanding everything literally.

Female powerlifters have muscles sure, but they present very feminine imo. Styled long hair, sexy make-up and nice girly personalities. Just look up any youtube video of one and you will see.

Anonymous 56295

>>56292
>>you said 'exclusively feminine' behavior.
I didn't. Besides powerlifting doesn't define someone's whole personality and behavior.

Anonymous 56296

>>56235
non binaries are worse in theory, as their identity is meaningless and embarrassing. in person, they are nothing more than ex hamilton/sherlock/dr.who/fujo stans that can't even make a phone call without hyperventilating. trannies are worse, specifically male ones.

Anonymous 56299

>>56296
> they are nothing more than ex hamilton/sherlock/dr.who/fujo stans that can't even make a phone call without hyperventilating.

Damn, didn’t know every miner was actually nb.

Anonymous 56319

>>56280
Oh look, le tranny defense force has arrived. Let me guess, gender is a social construct and doesn’t exist, yet simultaneously we NEED to let men chop their dicks off or else they’ll commit suicide because they aren’t girly enough?

Anonymous 56325

>>56319
Your reading comprehension is so bad that you can't even recognize anti-trans supporters.

Anonymous 56331

20D8502E-AB20-45DE…

Nonbinary people say shit like “gender isn’t real!!1!” yet enforce the idea of gender by the very nature of their identity. The idea of gender has been so ingrained in them, that they believe if they don’t identify with the gender stereotypes associated with their sex, that they must be something different/outside of the “gender binary”! If they TRULY didn’t believe in gender, they would acknowledge their sex, and understand that their gender nonconformity does not change the fact of them being a man or woman. In fact, no person truly perfectly fits the fake, socially constructed “gender binary.” Sex is real. Gender is not.

>>56276
>nonbinaries are people that are not exclusively masculine or feminine.
You are just thinking of gender nonconformity. No one defines nonbinary people like this. Nonbinary people literally think they are something seperate from men and women.

Anonymous 56332

>>56331
>they would acknowledge their sex
They do, that's why they don't transition.

> Nonbinary people literally think they are something seperate from men and women.

You haven't met any non-binary people then. First you say they are attached to the idea of gender then you say they're not. I think you haven't figured out yet what it means.

Anonymous 56335

>>56332
Nonbinary means anything you want it to mean, sweetie, because defining it would create boundaries that might exclude people, and we just can't be having that in The Current Year ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Anonymous 56336

>>56332
>You haven't met any non-binary people then.
If they didn’t think they were something separate from a man or woman, then they wouldn’t call themselves nonbinary. You are thinking of gender nonconformity. It isn’t the same thing. You KNOW this.
>First you say they are attached to the idea of gender then you say they're not.
Nope, not what I said! They are attracted to the idea of gender by the very nature of identities. They believe that because they do not conform to gender stereotypes, that they are something different than a man or a woman. If they TRULY did not believe in gender, then they would acknowledge that they are a simply gender nonconforming man or woman.

Anonymous 56337

>>56335
What are you talking about? We clearly hating on trannies here.

Anonymous 56338

>>56336
No one calls themselves nonbinary in real life, except larping retards. It's simply a way of being, you don't voice it.

> they would acknowledge that they are a simply gender nonconforming man or woman

They do acknowledge that they're born either a woman or man, so what the fuck are you on about?

Anonymous 56339

>>56338
>No one calls themselves nonbinary in real life
This just isn’t true. You know the people who call themselves nonbinary online also exist in real life, right?
>They do acknowledge that they're born either a woman or man
Yes, they might acknowledge that they are “afab” of “amab,” but they will still insist that they are NOT a man or a woman, but nonbinary. Literally go onto tumblr and ask any nonbinary person to confirm this.

Anonymous 56342

>>56339
You missed to process the rest of the first sentence.

>. Literally go onto tumblr

I don't talk to kid or teenager larpers, they are not a representation of non-binary people and you are disconnected from the real world if you go by online social media examples.

Anonymous 56343

>>56332
I've never seen a nonbinary person that didn't either transition/want to or have some sort of physical dysphoria and I've seen quite a few

Anonymous 56350

>>56332
I have met a nonbinary person. She was nice, but she always got angry that I wouldn't call her "they/them", and I said it was grammatically weird and made me think of multiple people or a hivemind. She also asked for this concession from every person in the school and wanted to be considered neither a girl nor boy. She also wore a binder and had a very christian, racist father, so I had my suspicions that she just wanted to be rebellious and/or was abused. She tried to act more like a boy, but had a very squishy feminine face and was small. Funnily enough, she started treating me more nicely after her younger brother had a crush on me.
(Saged for kind of blogpost)

Anonymous 56361

>>56342
How do you tell who is a ~true~ nonbinary person lmao?

Anonymous 56363

>>56361
By seeing how mature and reasonable they are about it. I have many non-binary friends well into their 30s and 40s, it's obviously not just a phase for them.

Anonymous 56364

>>56363
>mature
>reasonable
>thinks their hair dye makes them a magical exception to maleness or femaleness

nah

Anonymous 56366

>>56364
They don't have dyed hair, you're just being pathetic at this point.

Anonymous 56367

>>56363
Even if it’s “not a phase,” it’s still not a valid identity. They aren’t any less valid because they’re “mature about it” lol. That’s like saying a TiM is a woman because he’s “mature about it.” Your “nonbinary” friends are all either men or women. I don’t care how gender nonconforming they are.

Anonymous 56368

>>56367
samefag, meant that your friends aren’t any more* valid

Anonymous 56379

they're easier to clock as girls online than trannies are in person

Anonymous 56380

this non-binary stuff is the most histrionic thing I've seen in recent years. not being feminine doesn't make you belong to a third gender. you can larp as a "they/it/xer" among your ilk for all I care but don't expect me to call you "they"

Anonymous 56385

I only met one nonbinary person in my life. She dressed like a cartoon character and changed her name to "Collar".
I've also only met one transperson in my life. They were obviously mentally ill and crying everyday.

Anonymous 56386

Is this shit fad just the logical end result of several generations of social conditioning girls to think femininity is strictly pink dresses and child care, followed by one generation of breaking the mold? You can be a girl and like MMA and monster trucks, ffs. I hate how this movement simultaneously wants to say that gender isn’t real, sex isn’t binary, everything’s an imaginary social construct, yet a guy who likes baking or a girl who likes weightlifting has GOTTA BE NON-BINARY AND QUEER YALL

Anonymous 56392

Annotation.JPG

i was on tumblr for most of my teen years so it isn't a completely new concept but what's interesting is how nonbinary went from "neither male nor female" to "gender nonconforming but still trans" in my age group

>do you personally know any nonbinaries?

a few
>do you see them as different from men/women or just larpers?
larpers but i would still use pronouns. as far as the lgbt community i only talk to other radfem lesbians these days
>do you have different experiences with male and female ones?
i'm sure there are but i avoid males who are into queer theory
as for afabs, ive met some who have a dissociation/trauma from womanhood and reject it, which i kinda understand and sympathize with
>do you see them as different from regular trannies?
the same, i think all of this is a result of restrictive gender roles in media/from older generations. i don't think the answer to getting rid of gender roles completely is to make new genders.

Anonymous 56414

I know a lot of nonbinary people, they're fine. Most of them are IRL (I live in a city where I'm deep into a queer scene).

Some are XX, some are XY, some are intersex. Some of them are more feminine and some are more masculine. Some are annoying and some are chill.

I get incredibly frustrated by the people who have a persecution complex and are nonbinary and aligned with their assigned gender, though. Like, okay, if you're an AFAB nonbinary femme, that's great for you and I'll support you, but please be a fun and pleasant person and have a conversation about, like, pets or music or books or anything that's interesting - I don't want to talk about how society oppressed you every day when you're not persecuted, just a little inconvenienced!

But again, 4/5 of the nonbinary people I know are lovely. Maybe they like cats or Steven Universe too much, but I like dogs and Pokemon too much, so we're really even.

Anonymous 56419

>>56414
Your friends are all either men or women

Anonymous 56465

> femininity is strictly pink dresses and child care

Have you not noticed how many brainwashed women like that we have on cc? It's pretty sad.

Anonymous 56540

>>56465
But those are larping trannies

Anonymous 56571

>>56540
Unfortunately there are biological women like that too, insecure about their femininity. Cute uwu pink baby shit, disgusting.

Anonymous 56604

>3. do you have different experiences with male and female ones?
The only male enbies I've met were either wannabe femboys or early-stage trannies. Female enbies are usually the tumblr sjw-type, want to fit in (especially in lgbt circles), and generally think they aren't women because sometimes they don't conform with all the female gender roles or don't want to deal with misogyny. I feel like most of them will grow out of it.

Anonymous 56605

>>56604
>I feel like most of them will grow out of it.
they better do, there's nothing more tragic than a 30 year old nb woman

Anonymous 56606

>>56605
Nothing beats trannies in terms of tragic.

Anonymous 56693

>>56606
But in other terms, lots of people beat trannies

Anonymous 56694

>>56571
Are you attacking the color pink, dresses, and children, or are you attacking this idea that only those things are feminine? Because I'd say that women who legitimately like that stuff, not just because they're brainwashed but because dresses and long skirts are hella cute and children are lovable little retards, are pretty brave on their own in this era of "ugh we must advance the cause of justice, forward the flag of the tranny pink haired hamplanet!" where they can just say 'yes, but see, this is nice and I'm going to do what I think is good'.

Anonymous 56699

>>56694
yeah, we're getting into an age of "all women must wear pants and act like men, because that's empowering!" Rather than one in which both men and women can choose to act however they want, and not have to "transition" in order to feel normal

Anonymous 56700

>>56694
Women who don't know how to be cute, feminine, desirable etc. in other way than wearing pastel, pink, dresses, skirts shit kind of thing.

Anonymous 56708

>>56700
No, but like, are you hating on women who just legitimately think that a pink dress is cute, or are you hating on women who think that if you think a pink dress ISN'T cute then you're super unfeminine? Because the second is sensible, the first is kind of eh. Being feminine doesn't mean pastel pink babyface, but it also doesn't exclude those things. Femininty is an attitude.
Also I don't know about you but I usually feel like I'm the only person of my age (22) in a hundred mile radius wearing long (ankle) skirts, everyone else is wearing hot pants, jeans, ripped up jeans, sweatpants, whatever, so I'm honestly not sure who you're even referring to with the pink skirts stuff.

>>56699
I just hate how 'empowerment' means 'like a guy'. Why can't I be confident and self-assured AND wear a skirt? I look good in a skirt.

Anonymous 56710

>>56708
I don't hate on anyone. I just want indoctrination that favors men's fetishes to end.

I already answered the rest with my previous posts. Practice reading comprehension more.

Anonymous 56711

>>56710
Well, my point is that skirts, pink, and raising kids aren't a generic "men's fetish". In my experience in fact they're far less a "man's fetish" than muscles are a "woman's fetish". They might be classically feminine but so is not walking around dressed like a three dollar whore, and that seems like the hottest thing for men these days.

Anonymous 56712

>>56710
How is it male indoctrination if I'm gay yet still find cutesy shit appealing?

Anonymous 56713

>>56712
It's female indoctrination done mostly by other brainwashed women. They
raise their daughters to be like that.

Anonymous 56714

>>56713
So are you saying that if people don't like what you like they're indoctrinated? Sounds like indoctrination to me hmmm

Anonymous 56715

>>56714
No, that's what you made up yourself.

Thinking that being a cute wife trophy is the only life goal is indoctrination.

Anonymous 56717

>>56715
You literally just told someone who said they find "cutesy shit appealing" that they're indoctrinated by their mom. Nobody said shit about being a trophy wife, that's all you. Stop projecting your repressed fetishes, if you want to be a collared slave to dick you can, nobody will judge you, you go girl.

Anonymous 56718

>>56714
Another one who can't read for shit. You should stop being so insecure as well.

Anonymous 56719

>>56718
>accuse someone of lacking reading comprehension
>actually just doesn't have a good follow up
Just admit you're wrong.

Anonymous 56720

>>56719
You can't consistently follow my point. I don't know why you're frustrated if you're not the stereotype that I described in detail.

Anonymous 56724

>>56718
have you considered if nobody can understand your point it might be you who can't write for shit

Anonymous 56735

>>56724
Nope. Because every other woman I talked about this recognizes the deeply rooted problem within our society. And if you can't imagine the progression of a little girl taught to make herself cute just for the attention of a man then you might be really fucked up.



[Return] [Catalog]
[ Rules / FAQ ] [ meta / b / media / img / feels / hb / x ]