[ Rules / FAQ ] [ meta / b / media / img / feels / hb / x ]

/b/ - Random

Name
Email
Message

*Text* => Text

**Text** => Text

***Text*** => Text

[spoiler]Text[/spoiler] => Text

Image
Direct Link
Options NSFW image
Sage (thread won't be bumped)

Janitor applications are open


Check the Catalog before making a new thread.
Do not respond to maleposters. See Rule 7.
Please read the rules! Last update: 04/27/2021

chuunibyou_demo_ko…

Anonymous 6014

Post things you like about yourself!

(Don't say "nothing," that is not allowed!!)

Anonymous 6015

a22df39bef13355dcd…

I try really hard to be nice to everyone
I love my friends and family
I'm excellent at petting dogs
My powerlevel is higher than everyone I know IRL

Anonymous 6016

At my best I had a 28 inches waist and 40 inches hips, and I used to love that lmao

Now I am literally a 32 waist chan with 44 inches hips, >feelsbadman.jpg but at least I am working on losing it again.

Anonymous 6017

>very kind
>patient
>artistic talent
>won a few small awards because of said talent
>enjoy the work I do despite it not paying much
>self taught myself a few things that are said to be hard to learn without help/a teacher

I genuinely try to be a good person even when people are rude or mean to me on purpose. This may be a weakness sometimes depending on the situation, but most of the time I think it shows strength and that I have a good heart.

>>6014
You sound cute as fuck, anon

Anonymous 6020

I get along very well with cats.

I am pretty good at baking stuff, even if it's just from a box mix. My friends and family always say that the baked goods I make taste extra good.

Anonymous 6021

I like that I enjoy my own company.
That's about it.

Anonymous 6023

>I am extremely, sometimes overwhelmingly empathetic
> genuinely see the good in almost everyone/ am nice to everyone
> have a very broad range of interests/ taste
> i have good hair naturally and have finally grown it out/ embraced the curls
> usually learn new things/ adapt to changes easily and quickly
> hourglass body type
> naturally long nails/ slender fingers
> impeccable talent for finding gems while thrifting
> really good at bullshitting academic papers/ making it seem like i'm smarter than i am and know what i'm talking about
> good natural sense for comedy/ humor

i'm honestly surprised i made a list this long, i'm sure the self-hate list would be WAYYY longer but hey this is an accomplishment. thanks for making this OP!

Anonymous 6029

30c77206e4ab63ff1a…

Oh, a rare indulgence…

>I'm not helpless

>I push people to do their best
>my hobby is my fulltime job
>it pays well and I am a company co-owner
>I picked a kind and loving guy rather than some moneybag or airheaded chad
>in the past I did shitty things, I acknowledge that and changed my attitude, not because I was caught, but because I finally understood love.
>generally very big on love
>In a very good relationship with my family
>finally over my "hardcore" phase

Normally I'd compensate for the bragging by shit-talking myself afterwards, but I'm over feeling guilty for being happy.

Anonymous 6039

>>6016
wow that's legit my old and new measurements.

as for the topic.

>kind

>empathetic (too empathetic according to my therapist)
>strong willed, and strong in general
>loving

this thread makes me happy! everyone sounds really sweet and kind~

Anonymous 6044

>>6039

Wow, what are the odds lol Are you 5'9 too by any chances?

sorry for OTness

Anonymous 6053

tumblr_nr5rn9bCGW1…

>>6029
you sound so ~*wise*~, anon! i don't know how else to describe you (sorry) but you seem really sweet and like you've got your head screwed on right.

>i like that i've grown up and changed from who i was before. i was a terrible person and i did a lot of things i wish i could take back but i'm happy i can own up to them now and i've apologized to those i've hurt and learned from all of my mistakes.

>being vegan for 4 years makes me feel good for the environment, animals and my health. it also shows that i /can/ discipline myself and stay passionate about something.
>very nurturing person~ i love taking care of animals, family and friends.
>excellent at housework! i love feeling like a good mom or wife
>i'm happy with my interests/what i like even though it can be tough looking for new friends online and irl who like the same things
>petite asian 4'11 30-22-30 with smol feet 4.5
>pale skin even though i wish to be a bit paler
>round brown eyes for azn
>perky c-cup boobs
>and lastly i like that i was able to list down things i actually like about myself~!

it feels nice but really weird so i might post in the things that make you angry about yourself thread to balance it out

Anonymous 6060

>laidback and patient
>empathetic
>love to make people laugh
>people trust me enough to open up and spill all their bottled-up feelings and problems to me
>open-minded
>low-maintenance
Aha, I already a list of things in the self-hate thread so I'm surprised I don't hate myself as much as I thought I did when I was typing this up. Thanks for the cute thread OP~ All of you sound lovely <3

Anonymous 6073

I'm really good at my job. I like the shape of my legs and think they're erotic. I'm creative. I've been very selfish my whole life and I'm actively working to fix that and do better in my relationships.

Anonymous 6081

maxresdefault.jpg

This going to be a hard one, but I like it!
I probably need to do this, anyway.

>I take good care of my s/o

>I have a high level of empathy and I do my best to always be kind
>I am super polite
>My face is ok
>my body is ok
>I don't have to style my hair because I like the way it sits naturally
>I have big boobs for my size and sometimes I like them
>I am a big reader, and I like to learn a lot from books
>My ex shattered me and my heart into a million pieces but I learnt so much from it and became a better, stronger person through it all

Thank you, OP <3

Anonymous 6083

I'm kind to animals and I managed to be nice enough to attract the boyfriend of my dreams.

That's it, though.

Anonymous 6084

>>6083
I feel like you could probably add 'modest' to your list <3

Anonymous 6086

>>6044
5'10, but that's close!

Anonymous 6482

I believe I have a ~pure heart~. I'm not even joking.

Anonymous 6483

unnamed (7).gif

>>6482
Oops, I forgot to attach the gif. Ta daaa.

Anonymous 6491

>>6482
That's sweet :)

Anonymous 6498

>>6084
awww, anon pls <3

Anonymous 6515

>>6498
>>6491
thank you!

Anonymous 7476

>Good at DDR and Civilization
>Pass for female to strangers in public when presenting female
>My partner thinks I'm cute and funny
>Instructors have praised me for my essays and research papers
>Succeeded at losing and keeping off 20 lbs
>Made serious progress regarding social anxiety. 4 years ago, I spoke to about 4 people outside my house and had immense fear of talking to strangers or authority figures. Nowadays, I have many friends and acquaintances and can do alright with strangers.


Mod's note: added ban message for clarification.(YOU CANT SIT WITH US)

Anonymous 7477

>>6014
Tall, come to terms with my personality and flaws, including my comedically crazy mind and train of thought. And I'm happy I really enjoy being polite and as kind as possible to people, it's kind of sad how rude people can be nowadays.

Anonymous 7482

>>7476
>>Pass for female to strangers in public when presenting female
lol

Anonymous 8306

Big eyes, sweet voice and kindness

Anonymous 8308

>>6014
I never give up, I'm a giving person.

Anonymous 8373

I'm genuine.

GENUINELY CRAP!

Anonymous 9794

I was proved once again yesterday and I like to be fair and reasonable even when the thing I want/am against is being given to me. I need to feel I'm being fair to the other people involved otherwise it's a no-no. Personally i don't think I know how many people like me, so go me…?

Anonymous 9818

I'm kind to outsiders and the unfortunate. I never judge people whoa re doing really bad in life.

Anonymous 9824

1504950967893.jpg

I'm pretty self aware, I suppose.

Anonymous 9827

51YtS-U40yL._SY300…

I like that I'm never late. I think I've been late to something like twice in my life. Most of the time I'm even early. This is really the only positive thing I can say about myself, and I think the reason I find this important and worth liking about myself is because I hate when people are late. I just feel like it's not that hard to be on time. I of course understand if you're late every once in a while, I mean shit happens, but some people I work with are CHRONICALLY late to fucking everything. I especially get irritated when a customer shows up late to my job and expects me to be able to take care of them right away at the expense of the other customers that were on time. You have ONE fucking job: show up on time and I will be able to help you on time and get you out of your appointment on time so you can be on your way.

Not hard.

Anonymous 86274

I have a thumb

Anonymous 86284

thumbsup.jpg

My therapist asked this question and I said "I try my best to be nice." Seems like such a lame non-answer but I do.
>>86274
Pic

Anonymous 86312

I try to be a good person and I have really big tits
>>6015
You sound sweet anon

Anonymous 86347

tumblr_pai8cxXFyq1…

I'm really respectful with people and I have no motivation to be malicious or mean to anyone for any reason. I guess it's easy to be like that when you're a schizo hikikomori with no interest in socializing or developing relationships, but I still find it a good trait 'cause people who are nice and patient for no reason always make me happy.

Anonymous 86353

It's funny how we all list niceness/politeness because we have nothing else going for us and really that niceness is partly just a coping mechanism for feeling so unpleasant and nervous around other people.

Anonymous 86361

Sakurafish.jpg

>>86353
Talk for yourself, I just didn't wanna suck my own ass and sound like a narcissist.

Anonymous 86365

8681f7de7aeaf9f064…

>>86347
yeah i know what you mean. i don't have a malicious agenda because i don't care for people. i don't feel the need to exploit my relations with others, unlike some other people who just use each other to get ahead by faking niceness

Anonymous 86379

I'm really good at rhythm games lol I guess that's it.

Anonymous 86380

>>86353
If your niceness/politeness is a fucking cope I feel bad for you. You're probably a doormat if that's what you're projecting.

Anonymous 86405

tumblr_o6mvs306Fl1…

>>6014
I really should see myself in a positive light more often.

>nice, generous, and empathic towards others (like sharing snacks or giving tissues)

>making and seeing people happy (drew pictures for friends of their favorite characters back in high school)
>artistic talent (drawing and crafting)
>open-minded
>clean/organize when neccessary and feel good about it
>somewhat eco-friendly (recycle aluminum cans, glass, and plastic bottles and keep unwanted materials for arts and crafts)
>happy about my interests and the things I got into (anime/manga, cartoons, video games, music, art, cute stuff, etc.)
>good at SSBU (main Isabelle)

Anonymous 86418

>>6014
I have been given my directive and time to act on it. I can ask for no more.

Anonymous 86668

1672807riz9vk7w5v.…

I like that I am motherly
I like that I am determined
I like that I am perceptive

Anonymous 86669

>>86405
you seem like such a sweetheart and a good friend nonnie, love yourself

Anonymous 86762

>>86272
based

Anonymous 87352

1621202365552.jpg

I'm actually very nice and quite clever and I'm sick of being made to feel otherwise. Putting myself first sometimes doesn't make me selfish and not being interested in pursuing a full on career as fast as I can doesn't make me stupid.

I'm a nice person, I take care of my friends, I'm academic when it suits me, and I know that I want to avoid being trapped in a career. Theres nothing wrong with these things

Anonymous 87354

ramlethal snow.png

I like that I can be someone people come to for advice even if it's not what they want to hear.
I like that I can keep getting up after being knocked down.

Anonymous 87441

moon bunny fuentes…

>>6014
This might be a bit hard for me, but I will do my best.
>I now see how beautiful my body really is and how amazing it is to have a functioning body
>I have an hourglass figure and I am proud that I finally learned how to dress my body up without feeling frumpy
>I have a diverse taste in the music that I love
>I love trying new hobbies, and because of that I have a lot of random skills on my belt
>I have improved so much as an artist, if a younger version of me saw my art, she would think It was professional
>I love learning about the arts and it's something that I never want to stop learning
>I am actually very in touch with my emotions and I happy cry alot
>I do my best to help my disabled family members and I am learning to be more patient and compassionate every day
>I have become alot more self aware rather than self conscious
>I am doing better at managing my own loneliness and instead filling it with more positivity and God
> Even though I am naturally blunt and oblivious, I do my best to be more understanding of others

I have to admit I have alot of flaws that bother me as a person, and sometimes I feels like I am not getting any better and I will always stay stagnant. I have been trying to find more positives of myself and this post helped me realized more of my positives. I hope that I can think about these throughout my day, so I can be positive towards others but also myself. Thank you OP!

Anonymous 87447

Ugh I’ve been avoiding this thread.

Ok well I like my hair and my skin. Also I like the fact I’m smart enough to understand most things.

Anonymous 173371

>>6014
>I'm pretty smart (I'm interviewing for a tenure track job and my thesis is distinctly terfy, so that's pretty cool and I'm very nervous!)
>I'm reasonably funny
>I can confidently say I'm not a pick-me
>I'm vegan

Anonymous 173383

I am smarter and better than everyone else around me but also worse at the same time. Often I sit and ponder how the brains of the masses work, is it like my brain but if I was sleep deprived with perpetual brainfog? I bet I can't even imagine because even in that state I am still smarter and more intelligent.

Anonymous 173385

>>173383
FYI I am looking for tips on how to simulate the braindeadedness of the masses. Its the one thing I CAN'T comprehend, processing things THAT slowly and inefficiently.

Anonymous 173386

>>173383
>>173385
ask me how i know you're still in middle school.

Anonymous 173388

>>173387
Kek

Anonymous 173389

1463330476287.gif


Anonymous 173391

>>173389
This gif made me cry

Anonymous 173397

>>173387
>pavlov reflex the post
Normies are indeed animals.
Otherwise they wouldn't be so religiously obssesed normality and conformity.

Anonymous 173406

glassy-eyed automo…

>>173387
>>173397
this

Anonymous 173410

2.jpg

>>173397
>Normies are indeed animals.
I bet you are so different though, you are the epitome of original thought and independence. God, people like you are insufferable.

Anonymous 173411

>>173397
i like you nona and i agree. people feel threatened by the fact they are not special and some notice

Anonymous 173412

>>173411
you two should get married and write some ayn rand tier drivel about exceptional individuals while actually believing that you belong in that group

Anonymous 173413

>>173412
i will follow this advice <3

Anonymous 173414

1663603022621591.j…

>>173413
You do that. Don't forget to take these twice a day when reality hits.

Anonymous 173416

>>173412
>>173411
>>173410
>>173406
>>173397
I am >>173385 and was joking but it is indeed hilarious how people get triggered when confronted with the fact that some people are exceptional and others aren't. Eternally assblasted they don't fall in that camp so they brand anyone who is capable of recognizing their exceptionality (without even knowing a damn thing about them) as arrogant and and try and prove them otherwise, despite not actually knowing anything about them.
No one gets this upset about anyone claiming to be anything else which is how you can tell its just seething deep rooted jealousy.
>love urself :)
<nooo not like that

Anonymous 173417

>>173414
hmm only if theyre small tablets i have a hard time swallowing the big ones

Anonymous 173418

>>173416
Most people who refer to themselves as exceptional are coping with their mediocre existence.

Anonymous 173420

>>173416
this is exactly what i think. i wish there was still a friend finder thread so we could talk

Anonymous 173421

>>173416
My first post in this convo, but don't you think it's also a knee-jerk cringe reaction to such a difficult to prove claim? I mean, to claim to be exceptional is…well, an exceptional claim. How do you back it up? Saying "I know I am exceptional because I FEEL exceptional" makes you seem a bit delusional since exceptional people are by definition rare and not the norm. What exactly makes you exceptional? Do you have any solid proof?
If I claimed to be a one-in-a-million beauty everyone would tell me to post a pic or shut up, for example.

Anonymous 173424

1.-Dunning-Kruger.…

>>173397
>>pavlov reflex
NTA but nothing about that post could be attributed to Pavlovian conditioning. Congratulations on revealing yourself to be a midwit who uses terms they don't understand.

Anonymous 173425

>>173421
nta and your point is valid, but i do think people get annoyed over someone pointing out most people are average because they feel insecure about being so. if someone was at peace with their condition, they wouldn't lose their shit over someone claiming theyre of above average intelligence, looks and whatever else. they would either not believe it and move on, or be like huh so it's like that, but not go umm noa actually ur stupid n uggo and not actually special u brat lolll

Anonymous 173426

>>173424
actually that was a pretty bright response to the post. people post that stupid seething normie pic as the standard response to everyone who thinks theyre not average lol

Anonymous 173437

>>173421
>If I claimed to be a one-in-a-million beauty everyone would tell me to post a pic or shut up, for example
Also because they are jealous. Its also an outrageous claim to be the dumbest person on earth or a deformed troll, but if someone posted "I have a severe deformity" people wouldn't start seething and demanding proof, if anything a few curious people would ask for pics but that is it.
Its also because special people are trained to believe they are normal and told that if they indulge their exceptionality they are "arrogant" because normies fear the change exceptional people bring and ate obsessed with normalcy so they do their best to squash the exceptional.
>>173424
>>173426
it really wasn't a bright response and it would be a stretch to try and apply pavlovian conditioning to normies posting that meme. There is kind of a connection but not really and it was definitely shoehorned in there to sound smart.

Anonymous 173440

>>173437
>"I have a severe deformity" people wouldn't start seething and demanding proof
Sure, because why would anyone lie about that? Those are not symmetrical claims, there are different motivations involved. The heart of the matter really is that it is more likely that someone claiming to be exceptional is lying about it than telling the truth, because exceptional people are rare. Being exceptional elicits admiration and yes, jealousy, from mediocre people. So it only makes sense that they wouldn't want to throw those around to a fellow mediocre random larping for ego-inflation.

Anonymous 173443

>>173440
>Those are not symmetrical claims, there are different motivations involved.
They're on 2 ends of extremes, and it was to show the difference in people's reactions to claims on ends of extremes, disapproving that its a "proof" issue when people claim to be exceptional and that it is 100% a jealousy issue which you admitted.

Anonymous 173498

I have a 22 in waist :p

Anonymous 173512

ab1cb70db6cebbe2b3…

I work hard. Like really fucking hard. One part in order to compensate for having been called "spoiled", "useless", and "ungrateful" my whole life and another so that I was able to get myself away of a life doomed to hikineetdom. If there's any redeeming trait I have at all, I've realized it's that I refuse to leave any stone unturned. I'm not very bright but I get shit done.

Anonymous 173514

>>173512
That's really a great quality, nona. I admire you. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous 173515

>>173389
NOOO WHY IS THIS CAT ABUSING THIS CHILD

Anonymous 173516

>>173512
How do you gain this mentality? I really need it. I don’t want to be a neet but I feel like that’s the path I’m heading towards

Anonymous 173526

>>173515
it was being edgy on the internet

Anonymous 173527

im smarter than people around me

Anonymous 173528

1663937755924482.j…


Anonymous 173584

>>173528
kind of true not lying too average iq in my country is 88

Anonymous 173586

>>173584
this site has a thing for seething whenever someone mentions they're smart

Anonymous 173588

>>173514

Thanks nona. It's the only way I've managed to survive this far in a notoriously hard major that oftens feels like you need to be pretty smart to do well in.

>>173516

It's cliched, but I just found a goal I was autistically determined enough to work towards. In my case, thsat was Japanese because I really want to become fluent in it. Eventually that ended up increasing my discipline in other things as well. To be honest, I also had some life events happen. My grandma died and my mom moved out of the country to care for her, leaving me with pretty much no family around here to rely on. So that scared me into action. When you're alone and realize there's no one around to help you with anything anymore, that's a strong incentive in and of itself.

Anonymous 173595

The only thing I can appreciate about myself is my body. I've always found training for sports a lot easier than everyone around me, staying fit requires less effort than with others and I've never needed to diet to maintain the figure I like.

Anonymous 173614

This question always makes me cry, but I guess I sometimes like my art skill.
And I like that I still didn’t fuck up my friendship with that one precious person. A true miracle.

Anonymous 173618

I'm mostly chill and good natured, but that backfires on me a lot. (A lot of people tend to try to get over on me and use me for their own ends

Anonymous 173636

>>173618
don't let the world wear you down, stay good despite it all

Anonymous 173665

tatami0.jpg

I'm more well read than 95% of the population. It's pretty useless but I think it's kewl.

Anonymous 173667

>>173666
It's very real, Anon.

Anonymous 173674

i like listening to DSBM and thats probably my favourite thing about me

Anonymous 173675

>>173674
Which bands/projects do you like nona? I have been listening to Sadness (maybe not very BM but definitely DS).

Anonymous 173678

>>173674
>>173675
ive been listening to:
NONE, leviathan, livelover, apati, amesoeurs, BSoD, make a change kill yourself

i got into xasthur about early 2019 and loved it since

Anonymous 173687

Maybe it doesn't mean much to most other people but my favorite (and only skillset I have really) is knitting and I love being able to reverse engineer patterns, understand how something was made at a glance and coming up with ways to do stuff I wouldn't have thought of before.
I have a pretty great memory, especially with dates I was fascinated with calender dates. I can remember dates I met people and days important things happened, I used to feel like my brain was a timeline. I can take a class and not take notes and recall most of the material for the test to get an A without ever studying. I always mog people who study a lot despite not studying a word and not completing most of the work for the class.
I am passionate about whatever I'm doing, the problem is its usually only 1 thing consuming my life at a time. For a while it was writing and I'd write in a diary 3 ish hours a day. Then it was reading briefly and I'd read large texts in a short amount of time.
I think that's it…

Anonymous 173783

>>173678
Wow I love Lifelover, Xasthur and Amesoeurs, I'll check out the others nona! You sound cool.

Anonymous 173784

>>6014
I can construct good ideas and arguments on the fly with little information because of my mastery of basic principles of logic and logical fallacies. At times I've been able to construct arguments that end up being shortened and simplified versions of accepted academic theories without even knowing they exist. I can also reconstruct historical events "accurately" with little information.

Anonymous 173801

>>173687
Reverse engineering knitting patterns seems super complex and cool. I'm jealous of people like you with excellent memory. Can you easily visualize things in your mind's eye as well?

Anonymous 173889

- I have a good relationship with my parents.
- Not the smartest but works hard and does well in academics
- Not depressed anymore

Anonymous 173893

I don't judge people for not being successful(e.g. if you don't have friends or work), not mentally ill, not into extremist views(which I think are all are harmful), good relationship with family and significant one.

Anonymous 174569

>>173893
I don't understand how people can say "all extremist views are bad and unhealthy". Do people who say this realize that 100-200 years ago a lot of things acceptable today would have been "extremist"?
I'm not like that either but its such a dumb blanket statement. I don't think its actually intellectually driven but people just hate changes to norm.

Anonymous 182180

E3EEAE05-503A-4A8A…

>i’m cute :)
>i’m quick to cut people off because i respect myself
>i can write pretty decently
>i’m very resilient
>i don’t take no for an answer when it comes to my goals and aspirations
>i’m self-assured
>i speak clearly and i am very articulate
>men call me a bitch

Anonymous 182187

>>174569
She didn’t say all extremist views are bad, extremist.

Anonymous 182194

>>182180
You sound like someone who would unironically describe themself as a girlboss.

Anonymous 182195

>>182187
Can you even read?
>not into extremist views(which I think are all are harmful)

Anonymous 182288

I'm pretty!



[Return] [Catalog]
[ Rules / FAQ ] [ meta / b / media / img / feels / hb / x ]