Job & Career Thread Anonymous 2867[Reply]
- What job/career are you currently working or working towards210 posts and 27 image replies omitted. Click reply to view.
- What have you noticed about people in certain career paths
- Where da money actually at for least stress, etc.
- Which fields do generally higher IQ/savvier women excel in (let's be honest, if you've made it to imageboards/Crystal Cafe you're over a certain threshold of smarts of some kinds)
- Tips for other anons/Ask for advice
- Shit that sucks about work in general
You can't live off 55k$ a year? How much debt are you in? I've managed my finances to make it so my spouse and I can last a year off of 18K$, what metro shithole are you posting from that 55k$ a year isn't enough for two people?
0 debt>my spouse and I can last a year off of 18K$
no, YOU tell me where you are so I can move the hell out of California
Figures, we don't like your type around here, so I shouldn't tell you.But if you must know, North Dakota leaves it's arms wide open to anyone with the slightest bit of knowledge and the willingness to live through -20F winters.
>>78458>I made 90k last year and I can’t even move out of moms basement.
I’m in Cali and I don’t understand this? What does your budget look like??
I think the worst kind of work is when you get given menial jobs, treated like you're incapable, and not allowed to solve anything for yourself. I used to work in automotive production and it was the most draining, soul-sucking job I've ever had. Any time I was spoken to by a higher-up, it felt patronizing. The only good thing I can say is the paycheck, and it really helped with living on my own.
I'm back in school now to get into the aviation industry which is my true passion. Hoping to have my aircraft maintenance engineering license in a couple years.
>Which fields do generally higher IQ/savvier women excel in
Some really smart friends of mine are all in engineering of some sort. Mechanical engineering in particular is full of a lot of really gifted and talented women.
My advice is just follow things you're passionate about. If money is your priority you might get stuck in a depressing job. You need to find something YOU like to do, even if it's a career not many women are currently in. There's only a handful of women in my entire school, and the rest of my class is all male, but fuck 'em. This is what I enjoy doing.